Partnering with Migrants Resource Centre
Working with us can improve how customers view your brand – research has found that 89% of consumers think businesses should support a charity, with 47% of these saying they are more likely to buy from those companies.
By partnering with MRC, you can achieve your CSR goals while securing protection to the most vulnerable asylum seekers and refugees. A charity partnership with MRC means numerous opportunities to support people in need through Legal Advice, Research, and Campaigning.
Every pound you give really will make a difference to the lives of people fleeing torture and persecution.
Why partner with us?
We will help you place Corporate Responsibility at the heart of your business by:
- enhancing your brand and demonstrating your social commitment
- encouraging employee engagement through payroll giving or matching funds
- inviting our legal and policy experts to speak to your staff about current issues facing refugees
- offering volunteer opportunities for your staff in our legal, campaigning, fundraising, social media, and admin teams
- making MRC your long-term charity partner
How you can partner with us
Clearly our main requirement is financial support, but there are other ways you might be able to help us also, through gifts in kind, volunteering or providing your services to help us with our work.
Raising money for MRC in the workplace is fun, rewarding and a good team-building activity. Our Fundraising Team can provide ideas and support which suit companies and businesses of any size and type to work with the charity.
- provide payroll giving
- match-fund employee contributions
- donate a percentage of profits or commission to the charity
- provide a cause-related marketing opportunity
- donate your employees’ expertise and time to the charity
- round-up to invoices and donate the extra
- show support in an email footer or link to our website
- have a charity collection box on your reception desk
- hold a cake bake or quiz and charge a donation to take part
- run a sweepstake or raffle
- have a dress down day for everyone who makes a donation
- hold an auction of promises, experiences or prizes
- arrange a charity sporting event
- arrange a ‘donate an hour’s pay’ day
- sell old equipment or furniture and donate the proceeds
- walk for MRC in the London Legal Walk
Migrants Resource Centre can offer your staff a wide range of volunteering opportunities in our Welcome and Administration Team, Legal Team, and Social Media Campaigning Team. The volunteer programme is based on a reciprocal model that ensures that the needs of the volunteer are taken into account. We welcome people of all ages, from all walks of life and from all parts of the community. Our volunteer programme can build skills and experience as well as enhance staff engagement. Becoming a volunteer provides:
- An interesting and dynamic work place
- A chance to update your skills in a supportive environment
- An opportunity to play a vital part in life-saving work
Payroll giving is a flexible scheme which allows anyone who pays UK income tax to give regularly and on a tax free basis to the charities and good causes of their choice. Research shows that companies which offer Payroll giving believe it improves the company image, enhances community involvement programmes, and supports employee volunteering. Payroll giving (also known as Give As You Earn or workplace giving) is a valuable, long term source of revenue, providing regular income to help Asylum Aid budget and plan ahead more effectively.
The benefits of offering payroll giving to your employees:
- It is a sustainable way for your company to fundraise without affecting your company’s bottom line
- Your company is associated with a respected national charity that helps some of the UK’s most vulnerable women, children and young people
- Taking part in regular charitable initiatives is proven to deliver returns to businesses by reducing training and development costs
- Research shows that a third of consumers are likely to favour a company that actively supports a charity over one that doesn’t
- CSR can help to define and bolster the companies ethos and improve staff retention and morale
Your staff can set up donations directly with your company or by completing the form provided by MRC.
Our Fundraising Team is available to support or advise on your charity fundraising, just get in contact. We can supply:
- Legal or Policy experts to speak to your staff
- Charity logos and banners for your email footers, website and intranet
- Regular news stories to highlight our work
- Social media – link to the charity on Facebook & Twitter
- Charity T-shirts and running vests for sponsored challenges
Find out more
To learn more about how your company can make a real impact on the lives of people fleeing persecution and torture, get in touch with our Fundraising Team on firstname.lastname@example.org